2023 Summer Camps have concluded.
Jim Barnes was selected as the 11th head coach in program history on December 28, 2021.
In his 24 years as a head coach, Barnes has amassed a career record of 455-345 (.569), and nine 20-plus win seasons. He has put together six top-20 recruiting classes and made four appearances in postseason tournaments, including a program first NCAA Sweet 16 run.
Barnes arrives in Iowa City after spending six seasons (2016-21) at the helm of the Tulane volleyball program. While at Tulane, Barnes led the program to back-to-back National Invitational Volleyball Championship appearances including making it to the finals in 2018, during a 29-win season.
In his first season at Tulane, the Green Wave won 18 matches and was the most improved in the NCAA starting the season with an RPI of 247 and finishing at 90.
Barnes understands the importance of academic achievement and under his leadership Tulane volleyball earned a cumulative GPA of 3.49 for the 2019-20 academic year and a 3.362 GPA in 2017. Barnes had 14 members of the team named to the AAC All-Academic Team.
Associate Head Coach
IOWA VOLLEYBALL STAFF
Director of Operation
- All refunds must be submitted TWO WEEKS prior to the camp start date, no refunds will be issued after that date.
- Refunds are determined on a pro-rated basis by the number of days the camper did not participate in camp.
- Participation in any part of a session qualifies as participation for a day.
DAY CLINIC REFUNDS
All refunds must be submitted TWO WEEKS prior to the camp start date, no refunds will be issued after that date.
All qualified refunds must be submitted via the Contact Us form.
Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
The UI Athletics Department does not sponsor any scholarships for camp or clinic attendees. The University offers the E.B. Green Scholarship for attendance at any University-sponsored youth program.
HOW DO I GET DOCUMENTATION TO CLAIM CAMP FEES ON MY TAXES?
If you are eligible to deduct camp fees for TAX purposes, use TAX ID#426004813.
DO YOU OFFER A SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?
The following shuttle services are available from the Eastern Iowa Airport:
Anaman Concierge Services, LLC- 319-471-2347 Website
Express Limousines - 319-626-5466 or 800-383-2219
WHAT AIRPORT SHOULD I USE?
The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID), located in Cedar Rapids, IA is approximately 25 miles north of the University of Iowa campus.
CAN I VISIT MY CHILD WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING CAMP?
You are welcome to come and watch any session your child is attending. If you need to remove your child for any reason, make sure their counselor is notified.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE IF MY CHILD IS INJURED OR NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION WHILE AT CAMP?
If your child is injured during camp, they will be taken to our Athletic Trainer immediately, and the Athletic Trainer will determine what action is required. If necessary, the Athletic Trainer will contact the parent/guardian and discuss care options. We can take the camper to UI Sports Medicine or the UI Emergency Department. Cost for treatment of injuries and/or hospitalization is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. We will have your insurance information from your online registration.
WHO DO I TALK TO IF MY CHILD NEEDS TO TAKE MEDICATION WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING CAMP?
When you go through the check-in process, make certain that you stop at the Athletic Trainers table and discuss your child’s medication.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RESIDENT AND COMMUTER?
• A resident camper sleeps in the dorms with us at night and a commuter camper leaves after the final session each day to sleep off campus with family or friends.
WHAT IS PROVIDED IN THE DORM ROOMS?
• Two beds, two desks, two chairs, a blanket, a pillow, a dresser, and a sink. The showers and bathroom are down the hall, and you should bring appropriate clothes and shoes to go back and forth. NO towels are provided.
WHAT SHOULD CAMPERS BRING TO CAMP?
• All campers should bring a reusable water bottle, snacks, and extra cash (for camp store). Overnight campers should bring shower towels, toiletries, and any additional bedding (sheets, pillow, blanket) they prefer.
HOW ARE DORM ROOMMATES ASSIGNED?
• When you fill out your online registration, there is a place to request a roommate. If two campers request each other and the applications are submitted more than two weeks before the camp start date, it will happen. If the roommate request is left blank, we will assign a roommate attending the same camp and near the same age. If you request a roommate late, we will do our best to accommodate but cannot guarantee it will happen.
AM I REQUIRED TO SUBMIT MY MEDICAL RELEASE?
• THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, AS YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL THE MEDICAL RELEASE FORM OR A COPY OF THEIR PHYSICAL IS RECEIVED. When you register online, you will be required to provide your insurance information. In addition, a medical release form or a copy of the camper’s physical is required. You can download a copy of a medical release form from our website and once completed it can either be uploaded to our camp website or brought to check-in on the first day of camp.