Save the Dates!
Summer 2024 camp dates have been announced:
Commuter Camp: Friday, June 21 - Saturday, June 22
Team Camp: Sunday, June 23 - Monday, June 24
Elite Camp: Friday, June 28 - Sunday, June 30
Registration and additional details will be available at a later date.
Head Coach Clarissa Chun
Clarissa Chun was named head coach of the University of Iowa women’s wrestling team on Nov. 18, 2021.
Chun is the first head coach in the history of the program. Iowa announced on Sept. 23, 2021, that it was adding women’s wrestling as an intercollegiate program, becoming the first NCAA Division I, Power Five conference institution to offer the sport.
Chun joins the Iowa women’s wrestling program from USA Wrestling, where she was an assistant coach on the women’s national team from 2017-21. Working on staff with former Hawkeye national champion and women’s national team head coach Terry Steiner, Chun helped lead the United States to 17 World medals, including seven gold, four silver and six bronzes, as well as an Olympic gold, Olympic silver and two Olympic bronzes.
In the United States’ most recent showing at the 2021 World Championships in Oslo, Norway, the women’s team won two gold, two silver and three bronze medals, a historic seven-medal performance that led Team USA to a second-place finish.
Prior to being hired at USA Wrestling, Chun was among the most accomplished athletes in international wrestling.
Any refund request one month prior to the start of participant’s applicable camp will be issued a full refund. Any refund request after one month prior will be issued a 50% refund. No refund requests will be accepted two weeks prior to the start of camp. Any refund requests must be submitted to Hannah Sieperda at Hannahemail@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Weekdays - Dental Lot
- Weekends - Any Lot (around Goschke)
CAN I VISIT MY CHILD WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING CAMP?
- You are welcome to come and watch any session your child is attending. If you need to remove your child for any reason, make sure their counselor is notified.
CAN I JOIN MY CHILD FOR A MEAL?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to visit your child during their stay at camp and dine with them. For our commuter camps, a $20 fee/day can be purchased at registration for lunch. For our elite camp, if you choose to eat with them at the dining hall facility, the fee is $8.00 for breakfast & $12.00 for lunch/dinner at the door and they are a cashless operation.
WHAT ROLES DO COUNSELORS HAVE?
- Counselors act as a guardian while your child attends camp, as they are around them 24/7. They sleep in the dorm on the same floor as the campers and don’t go to bed until all campers are in their rooms and accounted for. They wake campers in the morning to make sure they have time to eat breakfast and get to their first session on time. Counselors are in the dining area while campers are dining, and present while campers are in session.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE IF MY CHILD IS INJURED OR NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION WHILE AT CAMP?
- If your child is injured during camp, they will be taken to our Athletic Trainer immediately, and the Athletic Trainer will determine what action is required. If necessary, the Athletic Trainer will contact the parent/guardian and discuss care options. We can take the camper to UI Sports Medicine or the UI Emergency Department. Cost for treatment of injuries and/or hospitalization is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. We will have your insurance information from your online registration.
WHO DO I TALK TO IF MY CHILD NEEDS TO TAKE MEDICATION WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING CAMP?
- When you go through the check-in process, make certain that you stop at the Athletic Trainers table and discuss your child’s medication.
WHAT AIRPORT SHOULD I USE?
- The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID), located in Cedar Rapids, IA is approximately 25 miles north of the University of Iowa campus.
DO YOU OFFER A SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?
- The following shuttle services are available from the Eastern Iowa Airport:
DO YOU OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
- The UI Athletics Department does not sponsor any scholarships for camp or clinic attendees. The University offers the E.B. Green Scholarship for attendance at any University-sponsored youth program.
HOW DO I GET DOCUMENTATION TO CLAIM CAMP FEES ON MY TAXES?
- If you are eligible to deduct camp fees for TAX purposes, use TAX ID#426004813.